2021 Tours News and Updates

It’s hard to believe that we are already in December and it has certainly been a very different one for us not having been able to run a single event all year!   We have missed writing about places visited, scenery viewed and roads ridden but lets hope things improve for next year.
Given that we are so close to the end of 2020 we are taking this opportunity to give you a brief update and some information if you are due to travel into Europe with us in 2021.  As you will be aware with the UK leaving the EU on the 31st of December 2020 there will be some changes relevant to motorcycle touring.
We have detailed a few points below which we trust you will find useful:-
  • Passports – on the day you travel to Europe your passport will need to have at least 6 months left before expiry and be less than 10 years old even if it has 6 month or more left
  • The EHIC (health cards) will no longer be valid and therefore you will need to have your own Travel and Health Insurance – the UK Government advice is that you may not have access to free emergency medical treatment and could be charged for your healthcare if you do not get cover with your travel insurance
  • From January 2021 you are required to display an additional GB sticker on your motorcycle, even if your number plate already shows a GB with a Euro symbol
  • From January 2021 the guarantee of free mobile phone roaming charges throughout the EU will end, the UK Government advice is that you check with your phone operator to find out about any potential charges which may apply
  • International Driving Permit (IDP) – (as of today 2/12/2020), we have checked through a list provided on the UK Government website of countries in Europe we are planning to ride through in 2021 and it would appear at the time of writing that an IDP will not be required.  However, we will keep monitoring this situation as some of the UK press are suggesting that an IDP may be required for Spain.  For anyone planning to join us on a tour to Spain in 2021 we will give you further updates nearer to the time of travel.
  • From 1 January you may require a “Green Card” which is an official, multilingual translation of your car insurance that demonstrates you meet the minimum cover requirements for the country you’re visiting.  You would need to check with your motorcycle insurance cover provider as to the issue of this Green Card and please note that you will need this at least 2 weeks prior to travel
We that the 2020 festive season is a good one for you and that you, your family and friends continue to keep safe and well.  We have everything crossed that we can start touring again soon.  🙂

Comments are closed.